I am 14 weeks pregnant with our second child. With such exciting information, you’d think I would be bursting to make the announcement, right? Well, not really. I actually have mixed feelings about letting everyone in on this new development in our family. It’s not because we’ve had any health challenges (thankfully). In fact, my first trimester felt much better this time around. The reason I find it hard to announce my pregnancy? I am acutely aware that my news may surface pain for someone hearing it.
I have an ex boyfriend I have known for 3 years. The original relationship didn't last long due to his lifestyle (very much a party animal and at the time popping pills like polo's.) although we have remained friends. In a moment of weakness i went to see him for the first time in 2 years and obviously got pregnant.
I told him immediately and he told me that he didn't want a child (bit late now!) but supported my decision to keep it. Which was a very difficult one to make! I understand that and have kept everything on a very even keel as i don't want to rock the boat in case he withdraws support completely, but I am finding it very hard knowing i am really, really struggling, both emotionally and financially and he is off partying and wasting a huge amount of money every weekend. Then I feel massively guilty for being so selfish!
I just feel so down at the thought that alot of women go through this with someone by their side to be excited with them, to pamper them and to enjoy everything that goes with pregnancy and i don't have that. It isn't related to Tiger at all, i never had a serious relationship with him and certainly wouldn't want that now. My parents are wonderful but we are all so stressed for money etc that life is hard. we all work hard and i work with horses so ache constantly!
Sorry for the rant, but AARGGH!! Does this get better!?!
I know you sent this years ago, but this is exactly how I'm feeling right now. I was with the dad for 6 years and we got engaged about 5 years in to our relationship. He left and, of course, I was trying to get him to come back forever.. (still am hoping unfortunately).. Well, 7 months after he leaves I get pregnant. He goes back and forth with be supportive or not. For awhile there he was even questioning if it was his.. Which is absolutely ridiculous, if you knew me. I'm 17 weeks pregnant and I can't seem to want to post an announcement. It's hard telling people that I'm pregnant because a lot of people know we aren't together.. Some don't even say anything when they find out. I know I shouldn't think that way and I should be excited, but it's so hard to do when you see these couples that are expecting and the dad is supportive and there. They are able to experience the excitement together... I don't have that. Sure, I have my family and friends, but that's completely different I feel
ReplyDelete